31 May, 2012

Summer Pleasures

One of life's little pleasures is a glass of wine and a bit of reading after dinner. On nice summer evenings I'll take my wine in the old Adirondack chair under a tree and beside our tiny pond. I caught a glimpse of my city bike, not yet put away for the night, along with my wine glass and book from an upstairs window. I think it makes a pleasant summer scene.

Returning to the garden I found our 12-year old son pretending to be me. Smart-Alec! Nothing profound here. It's just that we should take the time to savor long evenings, nice bikes, good books, and clever kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahh, the good life! This reminds me that I need to slow down and enjoy these things more often...

RoadieRyan said...

Ah the simple things in life

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Quick question, are those the Porteur or Postino handlebars on your bike? Or possibly something different? Thanks!

VeloOrange said...

Those are Milan bars.